What would happen if a student has COVID-19 symptoms while on tour?
If a participant feels ill with symptoms of COVID-19 (which include fever, chills/aches, shortness of breath, coughing), our team will immediately facilitate movement of the participant to a location where they can safely be separated from others, while simultaneously engaging our Doctors on Call or a local medical facility to consult on the next steps, testing, and treatment. We would then, as required:
- Establish and coordinate communication with the participant and the family
- Facilitate transportation for the participant to a local medical facility
- Coordinate quarantine arrangements for the participant, in consultation with local health authorities
- Arrange for transportation for a family member to join the ill traveller
- Provide guidance to the group to reduce the risk of additional exposure and coordinate testing
Brightspark will provide the resources necessary to facilitate the recommended treatment, including an isolated, chaperoned location for the participant to recover and arrangements for a new itinerary to return home.